School & Online Safety Council
Hucklow Primary School is very proud of its school council members, they are a positive, enthusiastic and committed team representing the voice of pupils at Hucklow.
The School Council is elected annually by nominating representatives from each class. Elections take place at the start of September and pupils are chosen by class members to represent them at school council meetings. Once elected, the representatives attend regular meetings to discuss issues raised by pupils in the school. They are responsible to reporting back to their class.
Over the last few years the School Council have helped to make changes to the school environment, school lunches, assemblies, behaviour and anti-bullying policies and playtimes.
Last year representatives from the school council visited the Houses of Parliament.
Qualities of a School Council are:
- Be Respectful – listen to other pupil’s ideas and points of view
- Speak clearly and with confidence
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be a good role model to others
- Work as part of a team
Our School Council representatives are:
Our council focus for this half term is:
- How pupil voice can improve the school environment
- To meet with the head of the fundraising committee to see how funds are spent around improving the school environment and how school council can be involved in fundraising initiatives.
- To do an environmental walk with the premises team to see which areas they feel could be improved.
- Organising an environmental day which will include tidying the environment, litter picking and possibly going around the community to tidy up.
Online Safety Council
The School Council will also perform duties as the Online Safety Council. They will attend meetings alongside Mr Dinnigan, Online Safety Officer and Ms Irwin, Senior Inclusion Manager.