Our school was last inspected by OFSTED in February 2015 when we were judged to be a GOOD school in all categories. These are some of the positive comments taken from our inspection report:
Children get off to a good start to their school life in the early year’s classes, especially in the Nursery class where the new accommodation, resources and learning opportunities are outstanding.
- Pupils who start school with little or no English learn the language quickly and make rapid progress.
- Pupils make good progress in reading, writing and mathematics in all year groups. Any gaps in the attainment of different groups of pupils are closing. Pupils behave well around the school. They feel safe and are well cared for.
- Pupils have positive attitudes to learning. They work hard, enjoy learning and want to do well. Attendance is broadly average.
- A good range of clubs, special events and experiences add richness to pupils’ learning.
- The quality of teaching is good and continues to improve. Teachers have high expectations of what pupils can achieve.
- The executive headteacher and other senior leaders make regular and effective checks on the quality of teaching. They have a clear idea of the school’s strengths and areas for improvement.
- Leaders track the progress that pupils make and arrange support for them when it is needed.
- The school works well with parents and successfully encourages them to support their children’s learning.
Follow the links below to register your views on Parent View, See the Schools Ofsted Report and see how the school has performed using the DfE performance tables.