Welcome to Foundation Stage 2 – F2AK
Our staff for 2017/18 are:
Mrs Khatoon with teaching assistant Mrs Hague
The children have settled into their new class really well, they are enjoying staying for lunch and trying new foods. The children are showing lots of enthusiasm and engagement towards their new learning. Thank you for supporting your children at home by regularly reading and practising keywords every day. We have also seen some fantastic homework so far, come and take a look at it on the classroom display. It has been a very successful start to the year!
In Foundation Stage, we believe that children should get the best start in school life. This is why we strive to provide your child with the best learning experience and opportunities so they can fulfil their potential.
The curriculum in Foundation Stage has seven areas:-
- Three prime areas:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Four Specific Areas:
- Understanding of the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
The three prime areas are the most important as these are the skills that build the foundation for their learning.
Learning through play is a key element throughout Foundation Stage and this gives children the opportunity to continue their learning independently through the provision activities. All of the elements of the curriculum are covered throughout the day through these independent activities, through phonic, maths and literacy carpet sessions and through adult focus groups.
The children enjoy a number of activities in Foundation Stage, so far this term we have been lucky enough to enjoy a theatre performance called ‘Wizard of Castle Magic’ and participate in the CBBC show ‘Rhyme Rocket’ which the children thoroughly enjoyed! The Children are working hard on their art pieces for the F2 Art Gallery coming up on 20th October; they are all very excited to show off their learning! Towards the end of the term we will be practising our dancing and singing ready for the Christmas Production!
- Every child to have their P.E. kits in school – white t-shirt, black shorts and black pumps. Our PE day is Friday.
- All book bags to be brought to school every day. Please change your child’s book using the coloured book boxes every morning. A gentle reminder to bring books back into school before taking a new book home.
- Homework menus go out on Friday every 2 weeks. We encourage all children to have a go doing at least one activity on the homework menu.
- F2 Art Gallery 2pm on 20th October in the large hall.
- Parent Consultation will take place on 26th and 27th October, this will be a great opportunity to look at your child’s current learning.