Sports PremiumThe Primary PE & Sport Premium is additional funding provided to schools by the government that is specifically targeted at improving the provision of physical education and sport.
The PE and Sport Premium must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, in the 2017 to 2018 academic year, and encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
This year, the Sport Premium funding has doubled, meaning that Hucklow will receive an anticipated £16,000 plus £10 per head for all children in Y1 to Y6.
With this funding we will endeavour to develop or add to the PE and sport activities that Hucklow already offers and make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
We aim to do this by:
- hiring qualified sports coaches to work alongside teachers during PE sessions.
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively.
- introduce new sports or activities in lunchtime and after school clubs which in turn will encourage more pupils to take up sport.
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs.
- run sport competitions within school.
- take part in sports activities and competitions with other schools across the city.